Income Insurances, also known as Income Protection provides you with a replacement income, which is paid out if you cannot work due to an illness or injury after a certain period of time. It is meant to replace some of your earned income once any state benefits are taken into account, so you can still enjoy a comfortable standard of living.
This plan does not provide any protection against unemployment.
Income Insurance might suit you if you:
- are 18 to 54 years of age and in full-time employment or are self-employed;
- want to protect some of your income until you are age 65 if you cannot work because of an illness or injury;
- want a product that pays you a regular income if you cannot work because of an illness or injury, after a certain amount of time (deferred period);
- want the option to top up your cover at a later date;
- want your cover to continue, no matter how many claims you make;
Cost depends on your age, income, health, occupation and the benefits you choose and you will receive tax relief at your marginal rate.
If you want to find out more or get a quote, contact one of our Financial Advisors.
New to Life Insurance plans:
- NurseAssist 24/7: a free, year round helpline providing a qualified nurse to answer your family's health questions,
- Womens Health Center: a confidential helpline allowing you to speak directly with a professional, experienced nurse about your female health query.